While we are home to the Kansas State Fair 10 days in September, our grounds is host to a variety of events and show the rest of the year.
Centrally located and laid out over 280 acres, the Kansas State Fairgrounds includes many buildings and livestock facilities that offer the most flexible event and show venues across the state of Kansas. Host to more than 400 events every year, there is something happening here all year long.
Whatever the size of your event, if you need to rent a location in the heart of America, we’ve got you covered. Our experienced team is ready to make your rental experience success the first time and every time.
We host a variety of events with local, regional, national and international appeal. Our fairgrounds is an ideal place to host:
- Corporate Parties, Meetings and Picnics;
- Craft and Antique Fairs;
- Equestrian and Livestock Shows;
- Sporting Events;
- RV Camping;
- RV and Motorcycle Rallies;
- Trade Shows and Conventions;
- Concerts and Festivals;
- Weddings and Receptions;
- And many more events!
The Kansas State Fairgrounds’ central location places it in an ideal spot for all who want to experience Kansas' many offerings during their visit.
Many of mid-America’s favorite destinations are within a comfortable drive, including:
- Hedrick Exotic Animal Farm - Whether it is petting a zebra, admiring a kangaroo, riding a camel or feeding a giraffe, Hedrick offers and out-of-the-ordinary experience.
- Yoder Amish Community - Founded in 1889, Yoder is still considered to be the hub of the surrounding Amish Community.
- Cheney State Park & Reservoir - A great day trip with sailing, fishing, boating and a host of other outdoor activities.
Hutchinson entertains visitors with its own variety of amenities and attractions, including:
- Hutchinson Antique District - A group of 12 locally-owned shops.
- Cosmosphere - The Cosmosphere International SciEd Center & Space Museum includes a collection of U.S. space artifacts second only to the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum. It also is home of Apollo 13 and has the largest collection of Russian space artifacts outside of Moscow.
- Strataca - A journey 650 feet underground into the exotic world of a working salt mine.
- A progressive downtown with many locally owned businesses, including a local produce market, a bookstore, antiques, a fabric shop, jewelry stores, kitchen stores, clothing stores, restaurants and coffee shops.
- Thriving Arts Community
- A Local Airport
- Hiking & Biking Trails - More than 12 miles of dedicated all-weather hike and bike trails are available throughout the community.
- Hutchinson Sports Arena and Gowans Stadium - Hutchinson hosts the NJCAA National Men's Basketball Championship, NJCAA Division 1 Volleyball Championship, Division I Mens and Womens Outdoor Track and Field Championship and the NJCAA Salt City Bowl.
- Nationally known Prairie Dunes Golf Course and Country Club.
With our long record of hosting successful events, you can be confident when you host your event with us.
Contact Facility Rentals, at 620.669.3600 to see how we can enhance the success of your event.