The Kansas State Fairgrounds’ central location places it in an ideal spot for all who want to experience Kansas' many offerings during their visit.
Many of mid-America’s favorite destinations are within a comfortable drive, including:
Hutchinson entertains visitors with its own variety of amenities and attractions, including:
- Cosmosphere - The Cosmosphere International SciEd Center & Space Museum includes a collection of U.S. space artifacts second only to the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum. It also is home of Apollo 13 and has the largest collection of Russian space artifacts outside of Moscow.
- Strataca - A journey 650 feet underground into the exotic world of a working salt mine.
- A progressive downtown with many locally owned businesses, including a local produce market, a bookstore, antiques, a fabric shop, jewelry stores, kitchen stores, clothing stores, restaurants and coffee shops.
- A local airport
- Hiking & Biking Trails - More than 12 miles of dedicated all-weather hike and bike trails are available throughout the community.
- Hutchinson Sports Arena and Gowans Stadium - Hutchinson hosts the NJCAA National Men's Basketball Championship, NJCAA Division 1 Volleyball Championship, Division I Mens and Womens Outdoor Track and Field Championship and the NJCAA Salt City Bowl.
- Nationally known Prairie Dunes Golf Course and Country Club.