Contact: Amy Bickel
Director of Marketing
Kansas State Fair officials are warning grandstand concert buyers to beware of third party ticket sellers.
Fraudulent websites have popped up selling Nex-Tech Wireless Grandstand tickets, said the fair’s Marketing Director Amy Bickel.
“Our box office has only been open a few days, but already there are several websites offering our concert tickets — which they may or may not have — at highly inflated prices,” said Bickel.
Bickel said one website listed seats Bobby Bones and the Raging Idiots, who will perform Friday, Sept. 6, at between $60 and $300.The fair is selling those same seats for $20 to $65.
“Etix, our ticket partner, is the only legitimate online ticket seller for the Kansas State Fair,” Bickel said.
Fair patrons can purchase tickets by stopping by the ticket office at 2000 N. Poplar St., calling (620) 669-3618 or visiting https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/12251/kansas-state-f...
. As a safety precaution, Etix and the fair allows patrons to only purchase six tickets at a time.
The 2019 Kansas State Fair is Sept. 6-15. This year’s concert series includes:
- Sept. 6 - Bobby Bones and the Raging Idiots with special guest NIcolle Galyon.
- Sept. 7 - Billy Currington
- Sept. 8 - Skillet
- Sept. 9 - Demolition Derby
- Sept. 11 - Francesca Battistelli and Zach Williams
- Sept. 13 - Lauren Alaina with special guest Mitchell Tenpenny
- Sept. 14 - To Be Announced.
- Sept. 15 - To Be Announced.
Safe ticket purchasing tips:
- When buying online, make sure you a buying from the fair’s secured site through ticket partner Etix. Customers can also call (620) 669-3618 or visit the ticket office in the Administration Building.
- Don’t be fooled by secondary, unsecured sites that imply affiliation with the Kansas State Fair by using photos of the venue and images of grandstand seating or information about upcoming shows.
- The fair’s official website is www.kansasstatefair.com. The website is undergoing a rebrand and will have a new template and colors in upcoming days.
- If you hear a show is sold out, first check with our ticket office to confirm that is the case.
- You shouldn’t pay more than face-value, but re-sale is legal. Research to see if you’re paying too much.
- If you are scammed, report it to Kansas State Fair officials.