The Kansas State Fair has a written Emergency Plan with anticipated responses to a variety of crisis situations that could threaten the integrity, reputation or safety of the event or its attendees.An emergency may include, but is not limited to, accidents, animal welfare events, weather events, facility-based events, threats, and regional, state or national emergencies.
You are encouraged to monitor the events and make the appropriate plans to respond to the situation.You may be notified by Kansas State Fair staff, this includes Building Managers and Sector Managers, of the type of incident and either the potential response plan or the current response plan.
All media communication will only be handled through the office of the Kansas State Fair General Manager. Please see the following page for information on facilities and suggested safe areas during a declared emergency.
Below is the list of facilities that are acceptable emergency storm shelters:
Building Suggested Safe Area
- 4-H Centennial Hall, Restrooms
- Administration Building, Restrooms
- Cottonwood Court, Restrooms
- Domestic Arts, Restrooms
- Eisenhower, Restrooms
- Encampment, Restrooms and basement
- Expo Center, Restrooms and office area
- Meadowlark, Restrooms
- Oz Gallery, Restrooms
- Prairie Pavilion,Restrooms and meeting room
- Pride of Kansas, Restrooms
- Rabbit/Poultry Barn, Restrooms
- Sheep/Swine/Goat Building,Restrooms
- Sunflower North, Restrooms
- Sunflower South, Restrooms
- Nex-Tech Wireless Grandstand, Lower level