LOCATION: EXPO CENTER
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT: Joe and Carolyn Cole, Emporia, KS, (620) 340-3766
HORSE OFFICE: Sept. 7 - 16 (620) 669-3860
HORSE STALLING: (620) 669-3648
SHOW DATE:Saturday, September 8, 4:00
pm **There is one class for draft horse team pull
KANSAS STATE FAIR
Entries are subject to the Kansas State Fair General Information
- Tickets and parking should be
purchased from the entry form. Entry can be done online or mailed in; must
be postmarked by August 15.
- On-site registration is
discouraged. A $25 late fee will be assessed if not pre-registered.
- Weigh in time 9:00 am - 10:00
am Saturday, September 8. No early weights taken and no late weigh-ins
allowed. No exceptions.
- This is a fifteen foot overload
pull. The driver will ride sled and remain seated during entire pull or
otherwise will lose the pull.
- Each team has three pulls:
longest pull counts.
- All pulls must be made within a
twelve foot lane.
- No striking or whipping of the
horses will be allowed.
- Use of profanity and/or
intoxicating beverages will disqualify entry/driver.
- Drivers furnish doubletrees and
helpers; helpers stay behind doubletree. One driver only.
- No heading will be allowed.
- No open bridles or changing of
sides will be permitted.
- In case of break down, sled
goes back to starting point if driver desires another pull. Reasonable
time will be allowed for repairs.
- Three attempts to hook equal
- Sled will be furnished by the
Kansas State Fair.
- A driver may pull more than one
- If for some reason a driver is
unable to perform his duties after sending in entry form, another driver
may fill in.
- The Kansas State Fair Board
reserves the right to test and/or inspect any animal entered in Kansas
State Fair competition for illegal substances.
- Premium money will be paid to
the owner after the Fair. Completed W-9 must be included with entry form
in order to receive your premium check.
- Any movement of the sled will
be considered a pull.
- After sled is spotted, if team
steps over line or knocks the ball out, sled will be pulled back to
starting point. Live judge has discretion to decide pull; decision
Division – 1510 Pull