Kansas' Largest Classroom Lesson Plans
Kansas State Fair
Level: Intermediate Grades 3-5
Topic: Language Development
Objectives: Gain experience in interviewing techniques.
Materials: Paper and pencils to record interviews while at the fair.
Before the Fair
1) Present a lesson on interviewing techniques.
2) Have students brainstorm people they would like to interview at the fair and questions they would like to ask.
At the Fair
1) Allow each small group to conduct an interview with one individual. Have students record information to their questions.
2) Be sure to take photos of the students with the person being interviewed.
After the Fair
1) Let each student-group report about the interview.
2) Devise a class book titled, "People We Met at the Kansas State Fair".