Section Press “Ctrl + P”
ENTRY DEADLINE IS AUGUST
LOCATION: LIVESTOCK ANNEX
SUPERINTENDENT: Kent McKinnis,
Hutchinson, KS (620) 899-0025 & Kevin Graber, Pretty Prairie, KS
BEEF OFFICE: Sept. 8-17 (620) 669-3806
SHOW DATE: Wednesday, September 13, 2:00 pm
Entries are subject to
the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
SUPER COW/CALF SHOW
OFFERED BY THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
Sandra Utter, Pratt, KS
County Farm Bureau, South Hutchinson, KS
Vet LLC, Arnold Nagley, Marysville, KS
City Scale, Central City, NE
ENTRY FEE: $25.00/Pair
- Open to any Kansas cow / calf
producer. All animals will be judged as commercial livestock.
- All animals must be exhibited
in pasture condition. Absolutely no fitting will be allowed.
Absolutely no bull calves allowed.
- An entry will consist of one
cow and her natural calf.
- Age of cow and birth date of
calf must be known.
- All cows and calves will be
weighed upon arrival at the Kansas State Fair. These animals will be
housed and shown in the Livestock Annex.
- All pairs must be unloaded and
processed by 11:00 am on, September 13. Show will begin at 2:00 pm. All
animals must arrive and leave on Wednesday, September 13.
- Animals will be judged on type,
structure, muscling, natural fleshing,soundness of udder, eyes, feet, and
legs. The calf at side will be evaluated on the same criteria.
- Cow weight and the calves
projected 205-day adjusted weight will be given to the evaluators at time
- A two judge system will be used
and each judge will score each cow and calf independently and the total
score of both judges will be used to rank the pairs in each division.
The final score will out of a possible 200 points, 100 possible with
the projected 205-day score and 100 possible for the judge's scores of
- Photocopies can be made of
- If entries are sufficient, the
classes will also be divided by age of Dam.
- 80% of entry fee will be paid
back in each class on a 40%-30%-20%-10% basis.
- Calf birth date must be on or
before April 15 of current year.
- Exhibitors to bring a copy of
the pedigree if known.
- Any Cow that is deemed to be a
danger to animal handlers, exhibitors, spectators or other animals by the
event staff will be asked to be removed from the Livestock Annex.