Congratulations Pedal Pullers!
You are eligible to compete at the
Kansas State Pedal Pull Championship
Sunday, September 8, 2019
Kansas State Fair in the Bretz & Young Injury Lawyers Arena
2000 North Poplar, Hutchinson, Kansas 620-669-3600
Event Day Schedule:
– 12:00 Registration begins behind the Bretz & Young Injury Lawyers Arena for all age groups. Anyone arriving after will not be allowed to check-in – so be there from to !
12:30 pm Line up of ages 4, 5, 6 and 7 year olds begin at the side of the Bretz & Young Injury Lawyers Arena.Four-year-old contestants will be seated on the stage. ONLY ONE PARENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO STAY WITH THE 4-YEAR OLDS. If there is room we will try and seat 5 year olds on the stage; however, there will be seats along side the arena for the contestants to sit also.REMEMBER – only 1 parent on stage with 4 year olds. Five year olds will be seated on the stage or along side the arena without a parent.Pedal Pull will begin at .
Trophies and shirts will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place boys and girls from each age group immediately following this pull.These winners will also be registered into the National Pedal Pull in Mitchell, South Dakota at the Corn Palace. (Saturday, September 22, 2018).
THE FOLLOWING TIME IS APPROXIMATE DEPENDING ON THE LENGTH OF THE FIRST HALF.
Line up of ages 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 year olds. Again – we get as many up on stage as possible starting with 8 year olds. The rest will sit down below.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
YOUR PATIENCE AND GREAT ATTITUDE ARE APPRECIATED.
- Be sure to bring this invitation and your PINK COPY OF VOUCHER to the registration at the pull.Each child must check-in in order to compete.
- Anyone arriving after the pull begins will not be allowed to compete.
- You will have to pay gate admission to the Fair Grounds. State Fair information is online at www.kansasstatefair.com or call 620-669-3600.
- You child will compete in the age group that matches their age the day of the pull (Sept.8, 2019).If they have turned a year older since they qualified, they will pull in their new age group.
- Your child must be at least 4 years old the day of the pull to participate.
- 12 year olds cannot participate if they turn 13 by Sept.8, 2019 the day of the Kansas Pull and also cannot be 13 by Sept. 2, 2019 the day of the National Pull in South Dakota. Birth verification is required at the National Pull. Bill Van De Creek will contact you with the National Pull information.
- All participants will receive a State Fair ribbon and a State Pull hat and pin.
- The pulling track will be roped off and no one but pedal pull personnel and contestants will be allowed inside the track area. One parent should be ready to pick-up their child after they’ve pulled.
- If you have qualified in another state you must declare which state you are pulling for the day of our pull.
- Please be prepared for this event to include nearly 1,000 participants.
The Kansas State Fair Pedal Pull is sanctioned by the Kansas Pedal Pullers Association. If you have any questions contact Bill Van De Creek, President of the Kansas Pedal Pullers Association (785) 263-2333.
*Additional information will be listed on the Kansas State Fair Web site www.kansasstatefair.com