Built in 1928 and renovated in 2003, Cottonwood Court was originally built as the fair's Motor Show Building, displaying the latest automobiles. The building is centrally located on the fairgrounds and is now home to the food court during the Kansas State Fair. This building offers ADA accessible restrooms, an elevator to the second story balcony, concrete floors, office space and a historic look outside. Vehicle parking is plentiful and is located to the north and east of the building. A second floor meeting room is available and can be used as a dressing room.
The Cottonwood Court offers flexibility with a large, open floor plan. Floor space includes 11,200 square feet on the main level and 9,600 square feet in the balcony. Seating for 800 people (oval tables and black plastic chairs) is included in rental cost. Depending on room layout, maximum seating capacity is around 1300-1350. Round tables are used in this facility but rectangle banquet tables are available for food and beverage if needed.
- Climate controlled
- 11,200 square feet of open floor space on the main floor, which includes 62 oval tables with 496 chairs
- 9,600 square feet balcony, which includes 63 tables and 252 chairs
- Pull-down screen available
- 1,600 square feet second-floor meeting room, which includes 14 tables and 42 chairs
- Fire alarm with sprinkler system
- Telephone hookups in office
- A very nice venue for weddings and banquets