Bread Sculptures - Sponsored by Kansas Wheat Commission
Premiums awarded for this division are 1st - $50, 2nd - $25 and 3rd - $15 and will be paid directly from the sponsor after the fair. One Overall Grand Champion will be selected from the (6) 1st place winners (3 classes, county winners & open class winners) and will receive an additional $100.
“Find Your Fun” and have fun with your food. Get your hands on some dough and enter our "Open Classes" or if your "County" participated and offered this class at your County Fair and you were the winner, you can enter our "County Winner Classes". This year, we combine: wheat, one of the great agricultural products in Kansas, creativity, various shaping techniques and baking. Come join in and “WOW” us with your creation. “Find Your Fun” in the kitchen with the Kansas State Fair.
- Participants must pre-enter with the Kansas State Fair no later than August 15, 2018. (Foods Department)
- One entry per participant, per class.
- Extended receiving hours for this contest only, Friday, September 7, between 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Items may still be brought during standard receiving times for Foods entries earlier in the week. Judging will take place Friday, September 7 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Bread sculpture may be constructed from frozen yeast dough or a yeast dough made from scratch.
- Bread sculptures will not be tasted.
- Seeds, herbs and other edible decorative toppings and icings may be used.
- Must submit a typed, detailed recipe including shaping instructions with step by step photos or sketches on an 8 1/2" x 11" paper with name and address in lower left corner (will be covered prior to judging). Include age for youth entries.
- No size restrictions. For small individual sculptures, 6 should be entered. (ex: bunnies, turtles)
- All sculptures must be received on a sturdy, disposable plate, board, or tray and will remain on display throughout the fair.
- For examples and ideas, visit or http://nationalfestivalofbreads.com/recipes/bread-shaping-0
Additional questions may be directed to: email@example.com
- **NOTE: Participants that do not win and advance from their County Fair may still enter their item in the “Open Class” Bread Sculpture Contest