The Kansas State Fair
is highly interested in the Scout movement in the State of Kansas and urges all
boys that are Scout age, and all girls 1st thru 4th grade, to become members and thereby eligible to compete
for premiums offered in this department
All entries are subject to the Kansas State Fair General Rules in addition to any department, division or class rules listed.
- *NEW - A $1.00 handling fee per exhibitor, due by entry deadline.
- Online entries still have the option to purchase up to (6) discounted exhibitor tickets. Must be paid online, during checkout, and by August 15th.
- Exhibitors filing a paper entry form, can only purchase up to (3) discounted exhibitor tickets. Must be paid at time of entry and by August 15th.
- If you want to register online and need assistance, stop by the Kansas State Fairgrounds Administration Bldg. between 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, with your completed paper entry form. If this is not convenient, you may also phone our office and we can walk you through the steps of our online process.
- Allow yourself plenty of time. The length will vary for each exhibitor.
- Each exhibitor will need their own account. If you are bringing all of your children's entries, you will need to create accounts for each child.
- Yes, because you did entries online, you can purchase up to (6) tickets, per exhibitor. Online payment is required at time of entry by credit card. We cannot accept cash or checks for this process. We do not accept American Express.
- We have limited IPads, so you may wish to phone ahead to inquire on availability.
- If you have additional questions, phone 620-669-3881, 620-669-3620, or 620-669-3600.
- Competitive exhibition is open to all
registered Boy Scouts in good standing.
Only (1) one entry is
allowed in each class.
Classification for entries
will go by Scouts registration rank from September 2017 through August,
- Exhibit articles must have been made by the
exhibitor since the 2017 Fair and never previously exhibited at the Kansas
State Fair except for collections which may be exhibited more than once if
new additions are made, labeled and dated.
- Food entries should include (6) six samples of
one variety. A
recipe on 8 1/2" x 11" paper with name, address & phone
number on bottom left corner must accompany each entry. Recipes become the
property of the Kansas State Fair. All food entries should be in a
sealed food container such as a storage bag or box.
- Collection items need
to be clearly labeled. Collections
may be entered in consecutive years, provided new additions are labeled
and dated. No item may be exhibited more than (2) times at the State Fair.
- Drawings, Paintings, and Photography should be
matted or mounted.
NO FRAMES or
- Sweepstakes are determined by a point system:
1st =3 points; 2nd =2 points; 3rd =1 point, and awarded to the Scout in
each classification earning the most points. All other judging is done using the
Maximum Size Requirements :
15” w x 20” l -
Collections and collection boxes.
Judging uses the Danish System. Premiums: To be determined
REMINDER: All information
provided on the account / entry form and W-9 form (social security # information)
must be that of the exhibitor (scout) and not the parent