To Print Section Press "CTRL P"
ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 15
Grand Champion - $4,000
|ADM Animal Nutrition / Moorman's ShowTec & BW Trailer Hitches; Humbolt, KS
Reserve Grand Champion - $2,500
BW Trailer Hitches; Humbolt, KS; H & H Show Supplies; Nevada, MO
3rd Overall - $1,000
4th Overall - $750
XtraFactors; Pratt, KS
5th Overall - $500
Falkenstien Family Show Goats; Oswego, KS
4-H/FFA MEAT GOAT SHOW - LIVESTOCK ANNEX
Meat Goat Showmanship - Friday, September 6, 12:00 pm
Market Show - Saturday, September 7, 8:00 am
Breeding Doe Show - Sunday, September 8, 8:00 am
Beth Jones, Show Manager (620) 762-2232
Charlene Miller, 4-H Representative (316) 321-9660
Karl Dawn Stover, FFA Representative (785) 738-7102
Judge: Market / Breeding Shows:
Entries are subject to the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
Check-in is from 8:00 am to 11:30 am, September 6. Animals must be on site by 11:00 am., Friday, September 6. The Grand Drive will be held Saturday, September 7 at 6:00 pm in the Prairie Pavilion Arena; the Grand Gala will follow.
Release: Market ONLY exhibitors will be released Saturday, September 7 between 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm. All other exhibitors will be released Sunday, September 8, when they are finished showing. No trailers will be allowed on grounds before 8:00 am on Sunday, September 8. Animals must be vacated on Sunday, September 8 by 5:00 pm. If pens are not vacated, KSF has the right to move animals to another location.
- Meat Goats will be allowed on grounds at noon on Thursday, September 5. Anyone arriving before this time will not be allowed on grounds.
- Meat goats will be housed in the Livestock Annex.
- Animals will be penned as they arrive. If you want to be penned together, arrive together.
- Meat goats must be tagged with an official Kansas EID ear tag by June 15. Nomination form and $8.00 fee must be submitted to: State 4-H/FFA Shows, Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506, by June 15. The nomination fee does not constitute an entry into this show.
- DNA Testing/EID Ear Tags - If an animal loses an ear tag, the exhibitor needs to contact their Extension agent and have the tag replaced, then let KSU know the new tag number. This will need to be done prior to the show. There will be a $100.00 fee to collect DNA at the show if a tag is missing.
- WEIGHT: Meat goats must weigh a minimum of sixty pounds and can be any breed or combination of goat breeds. No maximum weight. Wethers or does may be shown.
- Exhibitors will turn in the official show weight of their market meat goat. Market Meat Goats will not be allowed to re-weigh once they have checked in.
- A 4-H or FFA exhibitor may show a maximum of 4 meat goats total - any combination of breeding and market, but limited to 3 of either show. (examples: 3 market & 1 breeding or 2 market and 2 breeding). If entries exceed pens available exhibitors will be contacted to bring fewer animals.
- Goats must be shown with all four feet on the ground.
- Exhibitors may use a collar, a collar with a short lead, or a halter when showing. Medium (3mm or smaller) pinch collars will be allowed.
- TEETH: All meat goats must have baby teeth in place with no visible signs of permanent teeth. The decision of the mouthier is final.
- SHEARING: At the time of health check-in, all meat goats must be "slick shorn" with uniform hair length not to exceed 3/8" inch from the knee and hock joints up before arrival on the grounds, head and belly excluded. There will be no shearing of meat goats allowed on any part of the grounds. Touch-up clipping with scissors, hand shears or cordless clippers is allowed. No blocking/trim tables for meat goats are permitted anywhere on the grounds. Violation will result in disqualification of animal.
- HORNS: Wethers are suggested to arrive without horns. If horned, the horns must be tipped and rounded. Tipping and removal of horns is not allowed on the grounds and will result in disqualification.
- FITTING:Paint or adhesives will not be permitted for use on meat goats.
- Physical abuse of any animal will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification. Show superintendent has the right to interpret this rule.
- Market goats will be shown by weights in weight divisions.
- The top two placings of each class will be weighed back. Animals with a variance more of than + or - 5% from the official weigh in weight will be disqualified. The Kansas State Fair reserves the right to weigh any animal.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Meat Goat are terminal. Ownership will transfer immediately following selection by judge and collection of any samples. Exhibitors are expected to leave adequate feed or share complete ration.
- Purchase and premium check(s) will be mailed upon receipt of wholesome test results.
- Grand Drive exhibitors are required to have YQCA certification. Check with your local extension office on this certification. We will still accept valid PQA certification until expiration dates.