Supreme Champion - $500
Dillons, Hutchinson, KS
Reserve Supreme Champion - $300
Jake, Erin & Avery Ellis; Hutchinson, KS
3rd Overall Supreme - $200
Hutchinson Community College; Hutchinson, KS
4th Overall Supreme - $200
Twisted Stitch; Oklahoma City, OK
5th Overall Supreme - $200
Mulligan Showpigs; Scott City, KS
ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 15
Each breed Champion and
Reserve Champion will receive a custom award
4-H/FFA BREEDING SWINE
- SHEEP, SWINE & GOAT BLDG
Swine Showmanship -
Friday, September 6, 12:30 pm
Market Show - Saturday,
September 7, 8:00 am
Breeding Show - Sunday,
September 8, 8:00 am
Garrett Reiss, Show
Manager, 620-899-4239 email: email@example.com
Mike Beying, FFA
Representative, (316) 727-1839
Jared Petersillie, 4-H
Representative, (620) 222-2710
Entries are subject to
the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
Check-in is from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, September 6. Animals must be on site by noon. The Grand Drive will be held Saturday, September 7 at 6:00 pm in Prairie Pavilion Arena. The Grand Gala will follow.
Stalling will be assigned as you arrive. If you want to stall together, arrive together. There will be no Livestock CVI check in for Grand Drive animals. If the animals are housed outside Kansas state lines, exhibitors will need to have a CVI for these animals available for vets to inspect.
Release: Market ONLY exhibitors will be released Saturday, September 7 between 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm. All other exhibitors will be released Sunday, September 8, when they are finished showing. No trailers will be allowed on grounds until Sunday, September 8 until 8 am. Animals must be vacated on Sunday, September 8 by 5:00 pm. If pens are not vacated, KSF has the right to move animals to another location.
- All swine will be housed in the sheep/swine barn.
- Swine will be stalled as they arrive. If you want to stall together, arrive together.
- There will be NO base bid this year for swine.
- All commercial gilts must be identified with a permanent ear tag and ear notch. Purebred gilts must be identified by ear notch.
- Original registration or transfer papers for animals in the breeding classes must be in the sole name(s) of the exhibitor by June 15 of the current year. Breeding gilts that are registered in a farm name or whose papers include the name of adults are not eligible to show. Breeding swine may be co-owned and co-registered by two or more 4-H or FFA members of the same family. The individual ear notch number of the animal must match the ear notch on the registration papers.
- A 4-H or FFA exhibitor may show a maximum of three breeding gilts, either crossbred or registered at this show. If entries exceed pens available exhibitors will be contacted to bring fewer animals.
- Show management will split classes by weight for crossbred gilts and age for registered gilts born January - April.
- Market gilts cannot be shown as breeding gilts, even if sifted from market division.
- Registered gilts must have breed listed at time of entry.
- Breeding exhibitors may enter and pay entry fees for as many animals as they wish to enter but only bring and show three. There will be no refunds given of any of the entry fees and will only be allowed pens based off of number of animals brought.
- No substitutions of animals will be allowed.
- Grand Drive exhibitors are required to have YQCA certification. Check with your local extension office on this certification. We will still accept valid PQA certification until expiration dates.
- Commercial gilts must be ear notched and tagged with an official Kansas EID ear tag
by June 15. Nomination form and $8.00 fee must be submitted to: State
4-H/FFA Shows, Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0202, by June 15. The nomination
fee does not constitute an entry into this show.
registration papers are required.
- Commercial gilts will be shown by weight. Exhibitors will declare wight. Weight cards will be turned in at check in time.
- The top two placings of each class will be weighed back. No more than a 5% difference will be allowed from the official weigh-in weight. If weight differs by more than 5%, animal will be disqualified.