To Print Section Press "CTRL P"
ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 15
Supreme Champion - $500
Dillons, Hutchinson, KS
Reserve Supreme Champion - $300
Jake, Erin & Avery Ellis; Hutchinson, KS
3rd Overall Supreme - $200
Hutchinson Community College; Hutchinson, KS
4th Overall Supreme - $200
Twisted Stitch; Oklahoma City, OK
5th Overall Supreme - $200
Mulligan Showpigs; Scott City, KS
Each breed Champion and
Reserve Champion will receive a custom award
4-H/FFA BREEDING SWINE
- SHEEP, SWINE & GOAT BLDG
Swine Showmanship -
Friday, September 7, 2:00 pm
Market Show - Saturday,
September 8, 8:00 am
Breeding Show - Sunday,
September 9, 8:00 am
Zach McCracken, Show
Manager, (620) 384-6176
Mike Beying, FFA
Representative, (316) 727-1839
Jared Petersillie, 4-H
Representative, (620) 222-2710
Judge: Market/Breeding: Justin Rodibaugh; Rensselaer, IN
Judge: Showmanship: Kalen Poe; Franklin, IN
Entries are subject to
the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
All swine must be housed in the open class swine barn. Swine will be stalled by county group. Check-in is from 8:00 am – 1:30 pm, September 7. Animals must be on site by noon. The Grand Drive will be held Saturday, September 8 at 6:00 pm in Prairie Pavilion Arena. The Grand Gala will follow.
Breeding Gilts will be released Sunday, September 9 immediately following the breeding show or at 3:00 pm, whichever falls first. Animals must be vacated Sunday, September 9 by 6:00 pm. If pens are not vacated, KSF has the right to move animals to another location.
- There will be NO base bid this year for swine.
- All crossbred gilts must be identified with a permanent ear tag and ear notch. Purebred gilts must be identified by ear notch.
- Original registration or transfer papers for animals in the breeding classes must be in the sole name(s) of the exhibitor by June 15 of the current year. Breeding gilts that are registered in a farm name or whose papers include the name of adults are not eligible to show. Breeding swine may be co-owned and co-registered by two or more 4-H or FFA members of the same family. The individual ear notch number of the animal must match the ear notch on the registration papers.
- A 4-H or FFA exhibitor may show a maximum of three breeding gilts, either crossbred or registered at this show. If entries exceed pens available exhibitors will be contacted to bring fewer animals.
- Show management will split classes by weight for crossbred gilts and age for registered gilts born January - April.
- Market gilts cannot be shown as breeding gilts, even if sifted from market division.
- Registered gilts must have breed listed on pre-entry form.
- Breeding exhibitors may enter and pay entry fees for as many animals as they wish to enter but only bring and show three. There will be no refunds given of any of the entry fees.
- No substitutions of animals will be allowed.
- Swine exhibitors are required to have PQA certification. Check with your local extension office on this certification. The PQA certification is only available until June 2018. If an exhibitor is not certified by then, they will be required to do the YQCA certification.
gilts must be ear notched and tagged with an official Kansas EID ear tag
by June 15. Nomination form and $8.00 fee must be submitted to: State
4-H/FFA Shows, Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0202, by June 15. The nomination
fee does not constitute an entry into this show.
registration papers are required.
- Crossdbred gilts will be shown by weight.