Supreme Champion - $500
Willoughby Sales; Sheridan, IN & Ott Club Lambs; Longton, KS
Reserve Supreme Champion - $300
|Powercat Club Lambs; Manhattan, KS
3rd Overall Supreme - $200
Brillhart Slater Show Lambs; Fort Scott, KS
4th Overall Supreme - $200
Sylvan Sales Commission, Sylvan Grove, KS
5th Overall Supreme - $200
|Conner Club Lambs; Wagoner, OK
Each breed Champion and Reserve Champion will receive a custom award
4-H/FFA BREEDING SHEEP - SHEEP, SWINE & GOAT BUILDING
Sheep Showmanship- Friday, September 6, 1:30 pm
Market Show - Saturday, September 7, 8:00 am
Breeding Show - Sunday, September 8, 8:00 am
Kathy Brazle, Show Manager, (620) 431-3845
Chris Bauerle, FFA Representative, (785) 285-0523
Dale Lanham, 4-H Representative, (620) 625-3113
Judge: Market/Breeding: Kalen Poe; Franklin, IN
Judge: Showmanship: Jessup Yeaman; Uvalde, TX
Entries are subject to the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
Market lamb entries must check in from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, September 6. . Sheep will be allowed in the barns at 2:00 pm on September 5. Any sheep arriving before this time will not be allowed to pen.
Release: Market ONLY exhibitors will be released Saturday, September 7 between 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm. All other exhibitors will be released Sunday, September 8, when they are finished showing. Animals must be vacated on Sunday, September 8 by 5:00 pm. If pens are not vacated, KSF has the right to move animals to another location. Market ONLY exhibitors releasing early Saturday, September 7 will require a pass from their show manager. Please attend the exhibitor meeting to know when passes will be given out.
- All sheep will be housed in the sheep/swine barn. Sheep will be stalled as they arrive. If you want to stall together, arrive together.
- The use of artificial coloring, except on hooves, is prohibited.
- Exhibitors who abuse an animal will be barred from showing and will forfeit any premium, ribbon or prize won. The word abuse includes beating, slapping, using an electric prod or forcing a lamb into a solid object in an attempt to make the animal brace more firmly. Bracing a lamb by holding the front feet off the ground also constitutes abuse. During the judge's inspection or handling, all four feet of the animal are to be in contact with the ground.
- Registration or transfer papers for animals in the breeding classes must be in the sole name(s) of the exhibitor by July 1 of the current year. (Breeding ewes that are registered in a farm name or whose papers include the name of adults are not eligible to show.) Breeding sheep may be co-owned and co-registered by two or more 4-H or FFA members of the same family. The "flock tag" number of the animal must match the flock number on the registration papers.
- The base date for determining age of registered breeding sheep is September 1.
- Registered ewes must have ear tags as required by their respective breed associations. All ewes must have a scrapie tag.
- In ewe lamb classes, if more than twenty are shown, the class will be divided.
- Registered sheep for which a separate breed division is not established will be shown in the registered all other breed sheep classes.
- The Kansas Sheep Association Purebred Committee will provide $250.00 added premium to be distributed to the breed champions and reserve champions and a $50.00 savings bond in the memory of Max LaRosh to the exhibitor of the Grand Champion Registered Breeding Ewe.
- Breeding exhibitors may enter and pay entry fees for as many animals as they wish to enter and not name those they want to show until check-in, day of show. Exhibitors may only show a total of three breeding ewes. There will be no refunds given of any of the entry fees.
- No substitutions of animals will be allowed.
- All commercial ewes (non-registered) must have an official Kansas 4-H/FFA EID ear tag by June 15. $8.00 nomination fee must be submitted to: State 4-H/FFA Shows, Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0202, by June 15. This nomination does not constitute an entry into the show.
- No registration papers are required.
- Yearling ewes must be born on or between January 1 (previous year) and December 31, (previous year) Ewe lambs must be born on or after January 1, (current year). At the time of check in, ALL commercial ewes will be mouthed. Ewe lambs must have only baby teeth visible. Yearling ewes may be showing no more than two visible permanent incisors in wear.
- All commercial ewes will be split into two or more classes and shown by weight.