ENTRY DEADLINE IS AUGUST 15
LOCATION: PRAIRIE PAVILION
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT: Ralph Brooks, Manhattan, KS, (785) 537-1214
SHOW DATE: Thursday, September 14 following Hereford Show
KANSAS STATE FAIR OFFERS.....................................................$3,500.00
THE KANSAS SIMMENTAL ASSOCIATION OFFERS....................$ 750.00
Entries are subject to the Kansas State Fair General Information and Rules
- There must be more than one exhibitor in a class to pay more than one premium placing.
- A $17.50 per head entry fee plus the State Fair beef entry fee, should be paid online or mailed to the Kansas State Fair by August 15. A copy of Official ASA registration papers must be mailed to the Kansas Simmental Association postmarked no later than August 15. A $15.00 per head late fee will be charged on entries received after August 15. Calves at side of cow need not be paid for unless shown in individual calf classes. No entries accepted after August 25.
- Classes will be separated between Purebred and Percentage Simmental. Classes 17 through 29 will be Percentage Simmental. All animals must be properly and legibly tattooed and accompanied by Official ASA Registration papers including all calves. Any animal not bearing a legible tattoo is ineligible to show and will be barred from entry. Each exhibitor, while showing the animal, must display the entry identification number. The Kansas Simmental Association reserves the right to request pregnancy checks of animals in classes 915-920, 929-931 and corresponding SC classes. Exceptions to safe in calf rule will apply to: Donor females that have produced a fertile egg in current year, verified by written statement from a licensed veterinarian.
- All entries must be registered with the American Simmental Association as a Purebred (7/8 Simmental) or a Percentage Simmental (at a minimum ½ Simmental but not exceeding 7/8 Simmental)
- All Percentage Simmental entry rules are the same as the purebred show, regarding fees, tattoos, registration papers, ages, etc.
- The following information will be provided to the Judge for use in placing the cattle, 1) Current EPD’s, 2) Birth date. Registration numbers on all animals or copies of registration papers must accompany a copy of Kansas State Fair entry form and sent to the Kansas Simmental Association, 7440 Lake Elbo Rd, Manhattan, KS 66502 by August 15. Animals with incomplete data will stand at the bottom of their class. All money for entries both Kansas State Fair and Kansas Simmental Assoc. must be sent to the Kansas State Fair by entry deadline.
- Fans in each aisle must blow the same direction. Each aisle will blow opposite directions; direction will be designated by show officials. NO free standing, aisle fans or portable coolers are allowed.
Kansas Simmental Association awards trophies to all Purebred Grand Champion and Reserve Champions