Now Available - $3.00 each
"Find Your Fun" - Make a Quilt Block and enter it in the Kansas State Fair
Premiums awarded for this division are 1st - $15, 2nd - $10 and 3rd - $5
The blocks will be judged 50% on originality and 50% on workmanship and become the property of the Kansas State Fair. After the fair, the entered blocks will be used to create a State Fair Quilt which will be auctioned at the 2019 Fair. The 2017 quilt will be auctioned during the 2018 Fair on Saturday, September 15, at 4:00 pm at the Bretz & Young Injury Lawyers Arena. Proceeds from the sale of these quilts goes to the department improvements.
Anyone who would like to make the blocks into a quilt should contact the Competitive Exhibits Department @ The Kansas State Fair, (620) 669-3621 or (620) 669-3881. Quilt block packets can be purchased for $3.00 each from The Kansas State Fair, 2000 N. Poplar, Hutchinson, KS 67502 if you wish to mail a check or stop by the administration office.
Packet contains (1) - 5” x 5” and (2) - 9” x 11” pieces of fabric. Some of each must be used in the block you create. The background fabric is your choice and you can add as many additional colors as you would like. The following requirements must be met :
- Only (1) block per exhibitor.
- Purchasing a kit does not mean you have entered your exhibit. You must still register online or send in a paper entry form. (visit www.kansasstatefair.com -- June 1st )
- Your completed quilt block needs to measure 12.5” square. It should be equal all the way around the block. DO NOT QUILT.
- No iron-on means of attaching fabric to the block shall be used; unless, after application to the block it is stitched down securely by the participant so it will not become loose later.
- Only (50) kits are available. Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block.
- Judges will consider use of fabric, workmanship, and overall appearance.