Kansas State Fair
Kansas' Largest Classroom
Where Education = Fun
The Kansas State Fair is full of fun, food, rides and animals but also offers an incredible avenue for learning. From animals to agriculture, math to science, technology to cooking, crafts to cowboys, the Kansas State Fair is a one-of-a-kind educational event that no student should miss. The Kansas' Largest Classroom is the overall education program of the Kansas State Fair that includes all of our learning activities available to both students on a field trip to the fair as well as children attending with their families.
Last year 11,662 students from 38 counties and 66 school districts participated in Kansas Largest Classroom. Our staff would be happy to assist you in planning your field trip. This is an experience your student’s won’t forget.
Hands-on experience based learning……..
- Experiments with early liquid-fueled rocket engines at Dr. Goddard’s Lab.
- AGRILAND, in the Pride of Kansas Building, features numerous interactive areas that provide students with Kansas Agriculture and Science projects.
- Milking Parlor features milking demonstration where students can learn about the life cycle of a dairy cow.
- Students can take an AG Quiz and Farm Bureau’s AG Central while volunteers assist them through the AG Kitchen.
- Students can be seen competing in the Kansas State Fair Geography Bee.
- Experience the miracle of life in the Livestock Birthing Center.
- Watch the talented students of the Dance Showcase and the Marching Band Competition.
- Experience the excitement of a High School Debate or High School Forensic Showcase.
- Witness an Electrical Safety demonstration hosted by Kansas Electrical Cooperatives.
- Visit the petting zoo or check out how ginormous the largest pumpkin really is this year.
- Participate in STEAM Ahead activities and lessons.
- Join in the passport fun with the Ag Passport, Art Passport or the Science Passport.
- Spend some time at the pollinator garden.
- Participate in Math-On-A-Stick, Ferris Wheel ABC, or the Creative Ag Contest.
For more information please email or call 620-669-3607.