NEW & ADDITIONAL DEPARTMENT RULES FOR AGRICULTURE EXHIBITORS
******RULES # 1 - 7 ARE NEW
- DEADLINE DATES: All exhibitors are required to submit their entries online by deadline date of JULY 25. Online assistance is available during regular business hours only. (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- REQUIRED EXHIBITOR FEES: ALL exhibitors are required to pay a $1 processing fee as well as a $1.00 per entry fee. The entry fees collected are used to assist in premiums paid out.
- LATE ENTRIES: Entries will still be accepted after the deadline but will follow these rules: All entries past their deadline will need to be registered online. Late fees will apply. Our late fees no longer reflect per exhibit but per exhibitor.
- LIMITS: An exhibitor can enter one item per class unless noted differently.
- Exhibitors will have up to 15 minutes to arrange, display or touch up their exhibit upon arrival, but prior to check in. Exhibits cannot be prepared or assembled on-site unless it is a "real time" contest and it is stated in the rules. Superintendent has the right to disqualify an entry or exhibit if anyone other than the exhibitor has prepared it. ALL WORK MUST BE THAT OF THE EXHIBITOR.
- Displayed items are limited - KSF reserves the right to only display what room allows. Those that are not displayed can be picked up at designated pick up times. Perishables will be discarded unless picked up before fair. Note: 1st through 3rd place will be displayed.
- Any item that does not meet Kansas State Fair requirements will not be accepted. If an item is accepted in oversight, it may later be disqualified and/or not judged or displayed.
- During check-in, a Kansas State Fair staff member may question if you entered your item properly, but only if it is obvious that the item may not meet the class requirements. If an exhibitor is not sure if they have entered properly, they must ask a staff member for assistance BEFORE the item is checked in. This process can only be done during receiving hours and at the request of the exhibitor. If you question the class entered, and the superintendent can justify the error, it may be moved to the proper class. Once an item has been checked-in, it cannot be moved. Check-in finalizes your entry. Kansas State Fair does not allow any item substitutions.
- Fruit will be judged by the American Pomological Society rules unless otherwise specified. Red strains or bud sprouts such as Starking, Richard Delicious, Satmared and Blackjon will be judged according to the standards of the parent varieties and not as separate varieties.
- Kansas State Fair will supply trays and plates to exhibit produce. Tray size will be 18" x 11 1/2" x 2" holding one layer.
- After arrangement of exhibits for prizes, no change will be allowed except on authority from superintendents.
- No duplicate samples for exhibition will be admitted in any class with the following exception; duplicate exhibits from any one farm will be considered if the exhibits are from separate parcels of ground.
- All exhibits must have been grown and harvested by the exhibitor during the season of current year unless otherwise stated.
- All threshed grain will be exhibited by the gallon, unless otherwise noted.
- Exhibitor can only win and be paid for one placing per class unless stated otherwise in section.
- All large pumpkins over 400 pounds must be delivered to the fair on Thursday, September 9 from 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm and to be unloaded using a mechanical lift. To help monitor entries, contact the department superintendent or phone our office to notify us that the pumpkin is over 400 pounds. Pumpkins 400 pounds and over must be on a pallet and a pumpkin sling is recommended for each entry. Pumpkins 400 pounds and over will be loaded at 7:30 pm on the final Sunday. Pumpkins over 400 pounds and delivered at another time will be required to hire their own fork lift to off load their pumpkin and weights may not be taken because scales may not be available. Cost is approximately $40 - $50. Side stems must be cut to 1". Any Agricultural (crops or horticulture) entry with holes or that has been painted will be disqualified unless in a decorated / carved class.
- Our primary audience consists of family and youth. We reserve the right to reject any entry that may be considered objectionable by that audience.
- Entries will not be judged in "Any Other Items" class if there is already a class for that item available. (example: wheat seed is not allowed in Div. 109, class 14)
- Youth Division: Offers classes for youth exhibitors who are 18 or under as of January 1, current year. Youths cannot enter in the youth division and again in another division in the same class. Youths are not eligible for any seed prizes. Seed prize winners must be over 18 years of age.
Shipping charges on all exhibits must be prepaid. Packages should be addressed to: Kansas State Fair, ATTN: Agriculture Department, 2000 N. Poplar, Hutchinson, KS 67502 and should arrive between August 15th - 30th, no earlier/later. A copy of your entry form/registration should also be included in your package with your pre-registered items. Please make sure all items are labeled in a manner that can be removed before judging (a note attached by a rubber band, twist tie, masking tape, safety pin, etc.)
ITEMS TO BE RETURNED
Non perishable item(s) will be shipped back at the exhibitors request and expense after the fair and in its original packaging. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING POSTAGE STAMPS, PREPAID LABELS, CASH OR CHECKS FOR POSTAGE IN ADVANCE. EXHIBITOR MUST INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR RETURNING WITH ORIGINAL SHIPMENT ALONG WITH A COPY OF YOUR REGISTRATION. We will phone you to obtain a credit card number for payment BEFORE items are returned. Packages will be returned U.S. Postal Service. We will not insure for any additional value unless requested by the exhibitor.