We love seeing fair-related stories in the media, and we're pleased to provide free gate admission and special parking to members of the working press.
Please request credentials on the form below by Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2020.
Please consolidate your organization’s requests and submit only one all-inclusive form to help avoid confusion or misunderstandings.
Media credentials are for working members of the media only. The Kansas State Fair reserve the right to determine eligibility for media credentials. Credentials will be issued to recognized newspapers, magazines, news services, radio stations, television stations, bloggers and websites and must be participating in one or more of the following activities:
- Broadcasting live from the fairgrounds to report on Kansas State Fair-related activities, individuals, events or competitions.
- Interviewing for a Kansas State Fair-related article, feature or segment.
- Taking photos to accompany a Kansas State Fair-related article, feature or segment.
- Shooting video and/or recording interviews to feature the Kansas State Fair or related activity, individual, event or competition as part of news package, documentary or online feature.
Only members of the working press who are at least 18 years of age are eligible for credentials (unless arrangements are made by journalism instructors for student reporters).
Exceptions to the above requirements must be presented to Amy Bickel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following requests are NOT eligible for media credentials:
- Credentials for family or friends of member of media.
- Credentials for vendors.
- Credentials for members of media working booths on fairgrounds but not hosting on-air interviews or other related media activity promoting the fair.
- Credentials for organizations utilizing booth space to interview fair attendees for non-Kansas State Fair-related features or articles.
- Credentials for members of the media attending fair on personal time.
- Credentials will be held at the Kansas State Fair Administration Building from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The organization’s contact person may pick-up the complete packet of their team’s credentials (including all days, all team members).
Please list your eligible press team members and the number of days they will attend. For example:
John Smith - 3
Mary Jones - 2
NOTE: There are no "season passes" this year. If someone needs to attend all 10 days, then request 10 tickets. Also note that gate admission is free before 11 a.m. on Friday, 9/11.
Enter Quantity Needed For All Members, All Days
Individuals may pick-up tickets at the publicity office. Hours:
- 9/11 -- 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- 9/12-19 -- 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- 9/20 -- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Team packets may be picked-up in two ways:
1. Pre-fair -- Thursday, 9/10, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the administration building front desk.
2. During the fair at the publicity office--see hours above.
You may list multiple people.
Several parking rows of media parking are reserved on the southwest side of Parking Lot C (near gate E-9). Pick-up your permit daily at the publicity office (open 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., except opens 8:30 a.m. on 9/11 and closes at 4 p.m. on 9/20), and display them on your dashboard at all times while in the media parking lot.
Please provide dates & reason, for consideration.