Kansas State Fair
Kansas Largest Classroom
Where Education = Fun
The Kansas State Fair is full of fun, food, rides and animals but also offers an incredible avenue for learning. From animals to agriculture, math to science, technology to cooking, crafts to cowboys, the Kansas State Fair is a one-of-a-kind educational event that no student should miss.
Last year 6,170 students from 38 counties and 66 school districts participated in Kansas Largest Classroom. Educational activities, online registration, trivia games, lesson plans, maps, optional projects for extended learning, field trip tips and more can be found on our other "Education" webpages. Special discounted tickets are offered to school groups. Our staff would be happy to assist you in planning your field trip. This is an experience your student’s won’t forget.
Hands-on experience based learning……..
• Experiments with early liquid-fueled rocket engines at Dr. Goddard’s Lab.
• AGRILAND, in the Pride of Kansas Building, features numerous interactive areas that provide students with Kansas Agriculture and Science projects.
• Interactive Art projects in the “Do Art” building. Past projects have included hats, rockets, rain sticks, shoes, masks and wind socks.
• Milking Parlor features milking demonstration where students can learn about the life cycle of a dairy cow.
• Students can take an AG Quiz and Farm Bureau’s AG Central while volunteers assist them through the AG Kitchen.
• Students can be seen competing for the KSF Spelling Bee Blue Ribbon.
• Experience the miracle of life in the Livestock Birthing Center.
• Watch the talented students of the Spirit Showcase and the Marching Band Competition.
• Experience the excitement of a High School Debate or High School Forensic Showcase.
• Witness an Electrical Safety demonstration hosted by Kansas Electrical Cooperatives.
• Visit the petting zoo or check out how ginormous the largest pumpkin really is this year.
• Participate in STEAM Ahead activities and lessons.
• Join in the passport fun with the Ag Passport and the Art Passport.
• Spend some time at the new pollinator garden.
• Participate in Math-On-A-Stick, Ferris Wheel ABC or the Creative Ag Contest.Click here
to register your class for a field trip to the Fair. Deadline to register is Friday, September 8. Discount tickets will not be offered after this date.
Special discount student tickets are $3.00 a piece (children 5 and under do not require a general gate admission ticket). These tickets are good for students Tuesday thru Friday. You will also receive one complimentary adult ticket for every four regular student tickets ordered. Classes must be registered by September 8 to receive these discounted tickets.